What is a SWOT Analysis?
A SWOT analysis is a method used to identify and analyze your core advantages: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
This analysis can be applied to an entire company or organization, or to individual projects. SWOT analysis is commonly used at the managerial level to determine the company's commitment to growth paths and success criteria, but it can also be used to assess the performance of a specific project - such as an e-marketing campaign - based on primary data.
What does a SWOT analysis consist of?
A SWOT analysis consists of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, but what do these four factors mean?
The things your company is good at. Characteristics that distinguish you from your competitors. Internal resources such as an experienced and highly qualified teams. Tangible resources such as intellectual property, capital, proprietary technologies, etc.
As indicated by the title, this item discusses the things your company is good at doing. This could be something tangible or intangible, like your brand's distinguishing features, or something tangible like a specific product line or unique selling proposition you offer to consumers. Your people's strengths might be strong leadership personalities, or an excellent engineering team.
Main Points: Things your company misses out, Things your competitors can do better than you. Resource shortage. And clearly lacking unique selling proposition.
Once you know your strengths, you should self-criticize your weaknesses as well. What is hindering your company or project and preventing it from progressing? This could be due to administrative problems such as a shortage of skilled workers or financial problems such as a budget deficit.
It may also include your weaknesses associated with other companies such as the lack of unique selling propositions in a crowded market of competitors.
Main Points: Market need for specific products. Few competitors in your field. There is an urgent need for your services or products. Good media or press coverage of your company.
Can't keep up with the ideas your marketing team is coming up with? This is an opportunity you should take advantage of. Is your company developing a new and innovative idea to open new markets or target new consumer groups? This is another opportunity that you should take advantage of as well.
In short, this aspect discusses everything you can do to improve sales, increase company growth, or achieve your organization's goals.
Main Points: The emergence of competitors. Regulatory environment change. Negative media or press coverage. Changing consumer attitudes toward your company.
It is everything that represents a threat to your company and its chance of success or growth.
These threats include the emergence of new competitors, changing laws and regulations, financial risks, or in a broader sense, anything that may threaten the future of your company or project.
The first step in SWOT analysis is the analysis of the strengths.
Strengths: which are the features that actually characterize the organization and are currently in place. Example of creative leadership and available capital. The second step in it is to analyze the weaknesses.
Weaknesses: the disadvantages that actually exist in the organization at the present time, for example, the lack of a strategic plan or the weak legal position of the organization. The third step is to analyze the potential opportunities.
Opportunities: These are the positives that do not currently exist in the organization, but can be obtained and exploited during the proposed plan period. The fourth step is to analyze the potential
Threats: the negative things that do not exist but threaten the organization during the life of the plan.
Common Mistake: Believes that strengths and weaknesses are internal factors and that opportunities and risks are factors external to the organization's environment. But the truth is what was clarified above, which is the origin of the theory.
What is the importance of SWOT analysis for companies?
1. SWOT analysis helps to know all the elements of strength that can be used to deal with threats and obstacles, and it also provides the appropriate means to take advantage of the available opportunities, and reduces the control resulting from the elements of weakness affecting the efficiency of the work of the facility.
2. SWOT analysis contributes to providing appropriate solutions for strategic cases that are characterized by complexity; By reducing the volume of information to contribute to the development of the decision-making process.
3. SWOT analysis provides facilities with the ability to choose the best systems, and review all data and information.
4. The SWOT analysis supports the establishments in reaching the best types of planning that helps to achieve the goals.
5. SWOT Analysis is keen to overcome the barriers and obstacles affecting the change processes, and to clarify the nature of the restrictions that prevent the continuation of change.
6. SWOT Analysis provides information on all its components, including threats, strengths, opportunities, and weaknesses; In order to apply a useful analysis of the facility.
7. SWOT Analysis provides the possibility of obtaining new and modern solutions to problems, making decisions that are characterized by effectiveness, and enhancing the role of exchanging ideas and communication between individuals. The SWOT analysis provides appropriate recommendations for preparing economic feasibility studies for projects.
SWOT Analysis Success Conditions:
- Realism in analyzing the current situation to predict the future situation.
- Realism in identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Simplicity of analysis and far from complexity.
Note: Threats have recently been replaced and renamed to Challenges, so if you see the word SWOC instead of SWOT, don't be confused, they are the same thing.
Best SWOT Analysis PowerPoint Templates
So now you must be looking for Best SWOT Analysis PowerPoint Templates for your next presentation, you will google SWOT Analysis Presentation Template and look for the free and premium option that will pop up, believe me, I have been there, and although there are many options to look at, only a handful worth considering, among those is the above SWOT Analysis PowerPoint Presentation Template that has all what you want, 49 creative slides in all shapes and best designs that suits every taste and are totally customizable to be your personal effective and nice looking SWOT Analysis template.